HOLY TRINITY LUTHERAN CHURCH
PRESCHOOL CO-TEACHER (PT)
1. Maintain a safe, healthy, clean and attractive classroom environment.
2. Develop all phases of classroom activities, including development of curriculum, preparation of materials, presentation and coordination of daily activities of children. Co-ordinate religious curriculum with the Pastor.
3. Develop appropriate individual goals and assess each child.
4. Work with co-teacher planning, preparing, and implementing classroom activities and curriculum.
1. Develop relationships with parents and volunteers.
2. Follow up on requests from parents for information regarding their child and/or the program.
3. Develop effective ways to communicate with parents and guardians, which may include newsletter, email and social media.
1. Maintain records on each child, including assessment results, goals for each child, health information and other relevant notes.
2. Maintain all forms applicable to program (daily plans, attendance records, phone contacts, etc.)
3. Regard all family information with careful confidentiality.
1. Attend training when applicable.
2. Participates in evaluation and goal setting of self and program.
3. Promote effective communication, relationships, and cooperation with staff, congregation, and community, which may include fundraisers and community events.
- AA in early childhood or related field
- Experience working with preschool or elementary school children
- By employment date, TB skin test
- By employment date, completion of criminal background check
- Within six months of employment, First Aid card, and Safe Sanctuary Training
- Able to squat to the child’s eye level frequently
- Able to sit on short chairs, stools and on the floor
- Able to sit, stand, bend, stoop and move around frequently
- Able to work effectively
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Experience in one-to-one communications with preschool parents and other caregivers
- Experience in leading parent/caregiver education programs
Reports to the Holy Trinity Lutheran Church Pastor and Minister of Education on the Church Council.
Posted April 29, 2019 Please send your application to Peggy Romero, Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 301 E. Lopez Ave, Port Angeles, WA 98362, email@example.com, 360-912-1245. Open until filled.